|Anheuser-Busch InBev Vietnam was one of the awardees at Top 100 Sustainable Companies Awards 2020|
John Hsu, president of Anheuser-Busch (AB) InBev Southeast Asia said: “It is a great previlege for AB InBev Vietnam to be honoured as a Vietnam Sustainable Company. Around the world, our products and brands have touched the hearts of billions of consumers on all continents. In every locality we operate, AB InBev plans to promote sustainable development and smart drinking. In Vietnam, this award is a testament to our efforts and a motivation for us to continue bringing positive values to the community.”
A journey to Bring People Together for a Better World
The Vietnam Sustainable Companies Award is a testament to AB InBev’s commitment to sustainable development. Vietnam is an important market of AB InBev’s journey to spread the Dream “Bringing People for a Better World”.
Every sip of AB InBev’s beer is produced through a “sustainability journey” from raw materials to finished products. AB InBev is committed to responsible sourcing of raw materials, preserving the environment, and ensuring products have a consistent taste anywhere in the world. The company’s responsibilities even extend to preventing harmful consumption and recycling packaging to complete a “sustainability journey” cycle.
AB InBev’s 2025 Sustainability Goals consist of four dimensions: water, climate, packaging, and agriculture. These goals aim to deliver a positive and measurable impact on the environment and community. They are:
– Water: By 2025, 100 per cent of communities in high-stress areas will have measurably improved water quality and availability;
– Climate: By 2025, 100 per cent of the company’s purchased electricity will come from renewable sources;
– Packaging: By 2025, 100 per cent of products will be in packaging that is returnable or made from majorly recycled content;
– Agriculture: By 2025, 100 per cent of farmers will be skilled, connected, and financially empowered.
In Vietnam, AB InBev’s local sustainability goals are in line with its global goals demonstrated through four key pillars: Smart drinking; Human investment and development; Renewable energy; and Recycled packaging:
– Smart drinking: AB InBev’s dream of “Bringing People Together for a Better World” begins with the love of beer. More than a simple drink, AB InBev wants every experience with beer a positive one, for consumers to drink responsibly, and drink to bring people together. AB InBev Vietnam has been an avid supporter of Global Responsible Drinking Day, with communication campaigns to promote smart drinking and the harmful effects of alcohol abuse since 2017.
– Human investment and development: One of the important factors that make AB InBev successful is its people, especially young talents. The Global Management Trainee (GMT) is one of its intensive training programmes designed exclusively for fresh graduates to form a team of young, talented, and well-rounded candidates. Recently, three young AB InBev Vietnam members from the Marketing department have won Gold Medal and Bronze Medal in the Industry Practitioner League of Marketers category at Young Lions Vietnam 2020. AB InBev Vietnam also won The Most Winning Client Award from Young Lions 2021.
– Renewable energy: In 2019, AB InBev Vietnam installed solar panels at two Binh Duong breweries to reduce its carbon footprint. According to the company’s calculations, the solar energy system can produce over 840,600kWh, accounting for about 20 per cent of the company’s total yearly electricity consumption. AB InBev Vietnam’s vision is to use 100 per cent renewable energy sources by 2025.
– Recycled packaging: AB InBev Vietnam aims to increase the volume of returnable or recycled materials in packaging, which is part of its global effort to reduce waste. The company also educates consumers about the importance of recycling.
“This “sustainability journey” reaffirms Anheuser-Busch InBev’s long-term commitment to Vietnam. Ultimately, wewant to bring to life the “Bringing People Together for a Better World” philosophy that has been true to usfor over a century and spread this message across Southeast Asia,” said John Hsu, president of AB InBev Southeast Asia.
Nguồn: Vietnam Investment Review