|Workshop titled “M&A – The Emerging Local Forces” discusses a more practical perspective on the rise of M&A activities by Vietnamese companies to restructure and expand their eco-system.|
With the expectation to have more than 250 guests from state management agencies, investment funds, as well as domestic and international consulting firms, the workshop will discuss many outstanding mergers and acquisitions (M&A) issues, such as the rise of Vietnamese groups in the M&A scene.
Especially Nova Group will be taken as a case study of acquiring the requisite scale and capabilities to become a heavy-weight contender in the M&A market.
The Vietnamese economy has been turning heads around the world in recent years with big private corporations like Vingroup, Sun Group, T&T Group, THACO, Vietjet, Masan, Nova Group, and others.
Vietnamese companies have been appearing on the buyer’s side in big M&A deals, breaking the long-standing domination of foreign investors.
As the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to disrupt international trade in 2021, Vietnamese companies stand to make tremendous gains with large-scale M&A deals.
Workshop “M&A – The Emerging Local Forces”
May 7, 2021 at Novaland Gallery, 179 Hai Ba Trung, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
To register, please contact Hoang Anh at 037 350 7455.
M&A- The Emerging Local Forces
07/5/2021 | Novaland Gallery, 179 Hai Ba Trung St, Dist 3, HCMC
8:30 – 9:00 Registration
Speakers and guests interviewed by mass media
9:00 – 9:05 Opening speech
Mr. Le Trong Minh, VIR’s Editor-in-Chief
9:05- 9:10 Welcome speech by a leader from the Ministry of Planning and Investment
9:10- 10:20 Session 1: M&A – The emerging local forces
9:10- 9:20: Video clip presentation on the emergence of leading Vietnamese groups in the M&A scene
9:20- 10:20 Panel discussion M&A and the establishment of leading Vietnamese groups
The rise of Vietnamese enterprises to step up to M&A activities
1. Associate Prof. Dr. Tran Dinh Thien, former director of the Vietnam Economics Institute
2. Mr. Phan Duc Hieu, Vice President of the Central Institute of Economic Management (CIEM)
3. Mr. Pham Phu Ngoc Trai, Chairman of GIBC
4. Mr. Pham Van Thinh, CEO, Deloitte Vietnam
5. Mr. Le Xuan Dong, Director, Head of Market Research & Consulting Services, Fiin Group
6. Mr. Le Trong Minh, Editor-in-Chief, VIR (Moderator)
10:20- 10:25: Group photo and flower presentation to panelists
10:25- 10:45 Networking break
10:45- 11:55 Session 2: Case study: NovaGroup – Uprising to take the lead
10:45- 10:55 Video clip presentation on NovaGroup and its impressive M&A deals
10:55- 11:55 Panel discussion
– Nova’s way to develop into the current NovaGroup
– Post-M&A activities of NovaGroup
1. Mr. Nguyen Thai Phien, Deputy CEO, Nova Group
2. Mr. Le Khanh Lam, Chairman, RSM Vietnam
3. Mr. Vu Huu Dien, VEIL Investment Advisory Director, Dragon Capital Vietfund Management (DCVFM)
4. Mr. Su Ngoc Khuong, Senior Director, Savills Vietnam (Moderator)
11:55- 12:00 Group photo and flower presentation to panelists
Nguồn: Vietnam Investment Review